+ Hannah upon being told about going to a new school: "It's okay, Mommy. I'm brave!" (What a delight to hear this from her. She has weathered a lot of transitions and it hasn't been easy for her... or me. She is growing! I am proud! And a side note: the kids have loved their first 2 days at school. So glad for this.)
+ Raju, our driver, after drinking the customary late afternoon tea in the kitchen while I feed 2 testy children, "I am learning maintenance of children, Madam." (I think he meant discipline. :))
+ Matthew: "The mosquito came and bited me because he thought I was dessert!" Yes, that boy is sweet.
+ Matthew upon seeing a sleeping cat spring to his feet: "That cat was pretending it was 7:00!" (the hour at which when they're allowed to come downstairs for breakfast).
+ Rani, our house helper: "You are having a boy, madam. That's why you look dull. With girls we look more beautiful. Ellen Madam (my sister) must be having a girl."
+ Kaplana, cook, telling Rani about my youngest sister, Amy. "She is VERY beautiful." Rani: "asldkjfalskdjfalskdjf (Kannada) asdfasdfa, Madam" Kalpana: "Yes, Madam is pretty. But her sister is VERY, SO REALLY pretty." (Can't deny that one! I love you, beautiful Amers!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These quotes are priceless. So glad your new school is going well!! Thank you, Lisa, for remembering to write these quotes!! They make us feel as if we had fun conversations with you this week!!
Hilarious! I'm sorry I haven't been in touch and not able to keep up as often with blogging (or even checking others' blogs!), but I so appreciate your entries and am thankful for your recent Christmas greeting as well. God bless you, dear friend!!!
Post a Comment