Thursday, March 31, 2011

The eyes have it


After months of squinting and trouble reading, I finally went to get an eye exam.  It takes several hours, thus it was hard to find time and transportation, but I did it.  It was a little disconcerting being ushered from station to station where I was examined (no hand washing happened :(  ),no forewarning about what would happen at each station (like “here comes a puff of air into your eye!”), listening to nurses and assistants chat in various other languages…  always interesting when you hear “madam” sprinkled in, hard not to project or wonder what’s being said.  I was given old school metal frames and different lenses were dropped in at various intervals.  The prescription I walked away with was quite different from my previous one, but glasses seem to be ok.

 Have to admit, however, I never summoned the nerve to see the dentist here.  I did give birth in India, but just couldn’t manage the thought of dental care.  Oh well, hope no damage was done in the 18 months since our last visit in MN! 

No comments: