
Thank you, friends and family for reading and your fun comments and e-mails.
Yes, we did use the outdoor bathroom. It was the only one. :)
No, the bed by the pool wasn't the only one. We slept indoors.
Yes, there were mosquitoes. Mostly at dawn and dusk, same as MN. We brought bug spray. And slept indoors. :)
YES, exotic. And YES to critters. There was a full-time spiderweb swabber on the grounds, walking around with a dustmop to clean off lamp posts, etc. Walked through lots of spider webs on the 10-minute path to the restaurant for each meal. Had to snatch my toiletries bag before a lizard jumped into it. (But I like the lizards; they eat the mosquitoes.)
Was reading outside cross legged on the outdoor "bed", heard what sounded exactly like a drop of water and looked around, feeling for a wet spot. Nothing. Then several minutes later, I felt a wiggling/tickling on my ankle... a centipede/millipede? (need to read up on the distinction). I may have jumped up in alarm and chosen another reading spot. I don't know if I am more wigged out by bugs here because they are unfamiliar or if I am just getting soft in my old age and not camping as much. Hmmmm. Exotic.
No comments:
Post a Comment