Friday, July 3, 2009

Mystery Fruit #7

Hard to get a good picture--it's a little larger than a grape, oblong, large pit in center (like an olive's)


Your guess??
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ok. It really looks like a squid egg, but you say it's a fruit...Let's go with fig? (By the way, if you DO have figs, can you show me what they look like?)

Shawna said...

How about a toddy palm seed? But, the source I found says that the red fruit surrounding the seed contains oxalic acid which can burn your skin and isn't good to eat...hmmmm, I'll have to keep searching.

Sammy said...

Lychees? I think those are whiter on the inside, though...

Sammy said...

Okay, lychees are red on the outside (doh!) Maybe it's a purple passion fruit!

Lisa said...

Good guesses. :) I love what you all come up with!

Jen, I will try to get a photo of a fig. They're Hannah's FAVORITE.

And the answer to MYSTERY FRUIT #7 is....

Jambolan

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/jambolan.html