Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

In our pre-India life, this was the title of my blog... a place where I recorded the funny things Hannah and Matthew said. I haven't touched it since we left. Since the blog you're reading encompasses "our life in India", I'm going to post it all here.

+ Recently our neighbors (from SPAIN!) arrived in India and were walking outside our house. They have twin 2-year-old girls, one of whom wears an eye patch sometimes to correct a lazy eye. When Matthew saw her, he shouted, "Look, Daddy, she's a pirate!" Shae quietly assured him that she just had an owie on her eye. "I know, Daddy. But she's a pirate!"

+ As we passed a dog on the street yesterday, Matthew exclaimed, "Look, he's eating his butt!" (Sorry, Mom, he learned 'butt' from a movie (and my friend Leah). We really try to use 'bottom' at our house."

+ And speaking of butts, Hannah suggested today that we could call our bottoms "cushions" because "they are kind of comfy."

+ Hannah to Daddy, "You really like TV." Pater familias took note.

+ Hannah is response to "What do you like about India?": "Everything but the bad smells and the bad food."

More to come... there's lots I've missed.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm so glad you posted these! I was laughing out loud about the pirate!!!!! Hilarious! And Hannah's observations are awesome!

Grasshopper said...

I'd be happy to educate Hannah and Matthew on the three letter version of "bottom". Just to be global, I will also include the four letter middle-english version. Don't worry. I'll make sure they spell both correctly.

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!
hahahahahahahahaaaaa!
hahahahahahahaaa!

Leah Miller said...

We don't use "butt" in our house! We say "booty."