Sunday, March 28, 2010

One last post on Rajasthan... Udaipur

Still haven't managed to caption these photos or write about all we saw... Udaipur was the last city on our tour of Rajasthan. It's described in guide books as "the most romantic city in India" and dubbed "the Venice of the East". It does have a lovely lake with several beautiful palaces on it. It does boast 2 of the top 10 hotels in the world (one housed in the lake palace).

It is still India, however. I say this meaning that it's very run down in places, the service is very different from Western/US standards, it's hard to enjoy the romance when you're romancing the porcelain throne... sadly, we all got sick and had a very disappointing stay in a "heritage" hotel. But, I won't dwell on these things. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

I'll try posting a link to our photos instead of a slideshow since we've had so much trouble lately. Let me know if you cannot see these:
Udaipur, Rajasthan

No comments: