No, the roads aren't so bad that they require 4-wheel drive here.
The title offers my best word picture of my experience of life here so far. I was musing to Shae last night that I have lots of things I'd like to do (learn Hindi, set up a drying rack for our clothes, respond to your wonderful e-mails/blog comments, for example) but I find these ambitions completely absorbed by the energy required to do life day-to-day here. I feel like I've been driving in 4-wheel drive mode and that uses more gas than usual... I haven't had my usual reserves to pursue and engage with all the things I usually do. Sometimes making a phone call or following up (lots of this required here) just seems more than I can manage.
So, I offer this post as a reflection, an update on my mental/emotional state (for those who are interested) and as an apology for not being as present to you as I would like to be. My weaknesses as a correspondent is magnified while in 4-wheel drive, too. Thank you, friends and family, for loving and reaching out to us even when we aren't as responsive as usual. I feel like we've had to circle the wagons a bit to keep things going on the home front.
With love,
Lisa
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I appreciate your word pic. :) We're with you, Lisa, even when you feel like you're somewhere else!
I would also hope that we as your friends would not EXPECT you to have the same "reserves" as you did in MN...
4 Wheel Drive is designed for winter season--you won't be in winter forever! I totally understand it takes time to go everywhere and do everything---probably it even takes "chains" to do some things! I'm looking forward to just being with you and living life together for 3 weeks! No expectations here!
Post a Comment