Thursday, August 13, 2009

Having trouble seeing photos in slideshow?

Hello dear readers,

Just checking to see if others are having trouble seeing the photos in the slideshow (e.g. Thanu's Birthday post). Is Leah the only one?

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Lisa, I've so loved glimpsing your life in India through your blog. Would you tell me about language acquisition for you and the kids? I was also struck by your birthday post and how you had the "honor" of seperate dining situations. I'm thinking that there must be much "honoring" in similar ways, how do you guys handle these situations?

Jen said...

I can see the slideshow.

Leah Miller said...

Well, boohoo. I'll have to check it on Eric's laptop next week. Not sure what's up with that.

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

I can see it.

Emily said...

Loved reading about your life in India... (read every post you have up!) :) I was in youthgroup with Shae at Grace Church and know the whole McCowen clan. Sounds like life in India keeps you on your toes! Thanks for sharing about your life.
Emily (Call) Mapes

Lisa said...

Mindy,

Thanks for reading! I wish it were a bit better organized, but it is all we can do for now. Language acquisition... I've learned a few food related words in Kannada (language of our state, Karnataka) but most people at shops do speak English. English is really the common language in most places--restaurants, theater, etc. Hindi is also a national language but usually people speak the state languages more often. lots of thoughts on this. Will write a post! :) The "honoring" is tricky. Part of the birthday party situation was there wasn't room for everyone in the same place and Indians know that we westerners usually sit at the table vs. the floor. Will have to write more about that, too!

Love to you and your beautiful family,
Lisa

Lisa said...

Hi Emily,

Thank you for reading. I feel a little shy knowing the breadth of this blog's readership because I feel like we just let it all hang out sometimes. Life here does definitely keep us on our toes... and knees. It's humbling to be so dependent on other people when we're used to making everything happen on our own in the US!

Take care,
Lisa

Emily said...

Hey Lisa!
I hope that my previous comment (life keeping you on your toes) didn't sound like I think you guys have a crazy life... :) I am just sure (as I can tell by reading the blogs) life is very different in India then it is in the US! I am sure it's a great experience- a once in a lifetime opportunity really! But I am sure there are hard days- I can't imagine moving with my kids across the world. I know people do it all the time- but it would be challenging! Kids are so routine driven (at least my 2 year old is!)- and it would be hard to adjust to a whole new culture.... Well keep blogging! It's fun and interesting to read about your life in India. :)