Sunday, March 8, 2009

Matthew explores his feminine side

1. Shae goes in to get the kids in the morning and Hannah has dressed Matthew in a skirt (khaki, w/shorts underneath) and is trying to put her bikini swim top over his head. Shae could handle the skirt (kilt, right?), but put a stop to the top.

2. I usually paint Hannah's toes when Matthew's not around, but he caught us in the act last week and was desperate to have his done, too. With Shae's voice in the back of my mind, I tried to explain that it was only for girls, etc. but after his tears and great sadness, I acquiesced and painted just his pinkie toes.

3. This morning I asked Matthew to head up stairs and get some church clothes on. A minute later I heard loud noises on the marble stairs... he descended with Hannah's silver and pink dress-up high heels.

4. The toenail painting was not lost on him... as I watched him coming downstairs today, I noticed his toes were shiny and reddish. I touched them and they were a little sticky, smelling like cosmetics, but not nail polish. He'd found a tube of lip gloss I left on the table! Watch out!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hilarious!! I cannot wait to see him blush when he's older and you tell him (and his girlfriend) about his toenail painting experiences!!!