Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mystery fruit #2

So I've learned the BEST WAY to get people to comment on your blog is to post pictures of intriguing fruits... Guess away!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Amy said...

Grenadine!! Yum!

SpringSnoopy (Julie) said...

maggot mango?

Mindy said...

we ate these in Costa Rica. I couldn't do it because it tasted like eating snot. The kids liked them. I forget what it's called. I called it the booger fruit. :)

Natalie said...

I'm going to see if Robertos knows...

Jen said...

Did you really eat that?! I didn't know fruit could look so nasty!

Shawna said...

I don't have a guess - but if it isn't called booger fruit I think that it should be.

Jen said...

So, WHAT IS IT??

Jen said...

It's no fun playing a guessing game when someone quits in the middle!

I'm going to tell!

Lisa said...

Passiflora edulis... Passion fruit! Of the golden variety. WONDERFULLY delicious, but as your comments noted, not to visually or texture-ally appealing. The kids and Shae wouldn't touch it, but I ate 2 every day in Goa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora_edulis

Grasshopper said...

Looks like something I'd see at work....but let's not go there.