Shae in Mpls for work for 2 weeks. I anticipated this is when I'd feel it. I do. I am missing you all. Missing the comforts and familiarity of home. Realizing your lives are continuing on in normality. Feeling a world away.
It's an adventure here but it's tiring at times. I think my homesickness is intensified by other challenges, too. We're all battling nasty colds. Pharmacies don't have quite the same things here.
Our driver has typhoid. He's been in the hospital and is getting treated. He'll be fine. We're trying to figure out when it's safe for him to work again. And trying to get a back up driver has been challenging. I've been w/o one for 4 days. I'm grateful for friends who've loaned me what I need.
Pepto and Immodium are still weekly friends for me. Trying to figure out what needs to be done differently in the kitchen.
We're praying for a spot for Hannah at a school nearby. If it doesn't open, (school starts next week) there's a second choice that will work okay.
It's hard to know this computer I'm typing on is a year's salary for most people who work in service industries here. I'm praying for wisdom to know how to think/feel/act about the disparities. They confront us at every turn.
Love from India,
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear some reinforcements are on the way. ;-)
Miss you! It was great to see Shae. Thank you for all the goodies! Roberto especially liked his chili flavored ones! Becky insists that she is "so bored" without Hannah!
Post a Comment