Monday, March 30, 2009

Holiday in Goa

We spent a wonderful weekend at a lovely resort in Goa (1 hr. away by plane). We played in the pool (enormous), ate great safe food (good cheese, salads, tiger prawns caught and grilled in front of you) and introduced the kids to THE BEACH! They were delighted. Matthew declared, "The ocean is fun! It tastes salty." And Hannah loved floating over the waves before they crashed.

It was a heavenly get-away and we had good time together as a family. It was an escape from the intensity of life here in India (didn't feel like India there).

8 comments:

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great weekend. We spent the sunny weekend in gyms watching Dietrich wrestle.

(balsbaugh7.blogspot.com)

Shawna said...

Looks like you had the place pretty much to yourselves! How fun! I'm glad to hear that you got a much needed rest. We spent our weekend installing can lights in the basement with grandpa - something you can certainly identify with.

Atticus! said...

What are the white starburst-like flowers (?) in the slideshow?

Lisa said...

Jen-- sorry to hear you were cooped up. Alas, wrestling is always an indoor sport, no?

Shawna-- Ahhh. Can lights. :) And actually there were a lot of other guests, but we were ALWAYS the first up, the first to eat, the first in the pool. :) Early Americans.

Sarah-- I don't know what they are but I thought they were beautiful! I have a "Birds of South India" book but not a plants/trees one yet. Still on the hunt for it.

Natalie said...

ok, so i finally figured out how to look at the pics in big style ;) you all look great! Hannah's hair is getting so long--- and you and shae look so thin! miss you!

Leah Miller said...

Great photos! I think of you guys everyday, "They are all sleeping right now." We miss you!

Ellen said...

Oh Lis--it looks like the kids are having so much fun! You and Shae look so relaxed too! I'm soo glad you got away!
I don't know if you've gotten the comments on the Picasa site, but I've left a few on select photos.

Lisa said...

Thanks for enjoying our photos and for commenting. Comments keep me blogging, though I've been remiss as of late.

Natalie,
You are dear. Hannah's hair is getting long but in this heat, we don't feel too thin. :)

Leah--we love your blog... will try to be better at commenting!

El,
Thanks for the heads up on photos comments. Just enabled the e-mail notification thing on Picasa. Loved your comments!